The Difference Between Condensation Cure Silicone Rubber and Addition Cure Silicone Rubber
Hong Ye company primarily product silicone rubber, which includes condensation cure silicone rubber and addition cure silicone rubber, the former is tin cure silicone, and the latter is platinum silicone. However, what is the difference between the condensation cure silicone rubber and addition cure silicone rubber?
1. The mixing ratio of part A and part B is different.
Whether it is condensation cure type or addition cure type, it is made up of part A and part B, part A is liquid silicone rubber, part B is curing agent.
The mixing ratio of condensation cure silicone rubber is 100:2~100:5.
The mixing ratio of addition cure silicone rubber is 10:1 or 1:1.
2. Addition cure silicone rubber is odorless, absolutely environment-friendly and reach FDA food grade. Therefore, the raw material costs of condensation cure silicone rubber is cheaper.
3. The application field of addition cure silicone rubber is more extensive than condensation cure silicone rubber, the addition cure type can not only apply to the area of condensation cure silicone but also can be applied to food grade, life casting, tire, electronic potting compound, and so on.
4. The shrinkage is different.
The shrinkage of condensation cure silicone rubber is about 0.3%.
The shrinkage of addition cure silicone rubber is very low about 0.1%.
5. The addition cure silicone rubber can be used to making transparent or high transparent silicone, however, the condensation cure silicone rubber is white in general.
6. The degree of high temperature resistance is different.
The addition cure type is more resistant to high temperature, that can reach 150~220℃, and the condensation cure type can reach 100~150℃.